- Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen
- Gateway, Sharon Shinn
- Welcome to Nightvale the Novel, Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor (audio)
- The Cost of Lunch, Etc, Marge Piercy
I got this expecting poetry, because I've heard of Piercy as a poet, but it turns out to be a short story collection. I read part of the first four stories, found all of them sordid and tawdry (detailed descriptions of unpleasant toilets, for example) and bailed on the book.
- Little, Big, John Crowley
This book is famous, but I found it disappointing. Lush beautiful writing, but not much There there.
- Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman (audio)
- I Will Not Be Moved, Maya Angelou
- The Collapsing Empire, John Scalzi
- The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman (audio)
- Miniatures, the Very Short Fiction of, John Scalzi
- Velveteen vs the Junior Super Patriots League, Seanan McGuire (audio)
Started this months ago with Tammie while on a road trip to visit her mother in Alabama, but we didn't finish it. I was saving it to finish with her but finally gave up on waiting. Turns out we were in the middle of the last chapter. Just started the next book in the series.
- The Paying Guests, Sarah Waters
- Cocaine Blues, Kerry Greenwood
- Murder on the Ballarat Train, Kerry Greenwood
- John Dies at the End, David Wong
That's some weird shit, yo. I finished it, but I didn't really get it or enjoy it, and I don't think I'll read the sequels.