I finally paid up all my debts at the library as well as paying for the book I lost, so I can borrow books again, yay! Continuing the break from Read the World, as it was making reading a chore. Some nice comfort reading (listening) and back to scifi/fantasy which make me happy.
- The Darkest Road, Guy Gavriel Kay (audio) (reread)
- Lucifer Book 1, Mike Carey et al
- Lucifer Book 2, Mike Carey et al
- Illuminae: The Illuminae Files 01, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
This and its sequel, while fascinating books with page-turning plot and characters, are really not well suited to the ebook format. They consist almost entirely of image files, playing with layouts and fonts, and the text ends up almost illegibly small on my Kindle Fire. Not to mention the difficulty of reading sideways text when the tablet wants to reorient if you turn it. I have a crick in my neck now.
- Gemina: The Illuminae Files 02, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- An Apprentice to Elves, Elizabeth Bear & Sarah Monette
- Dreams of Shreds and Tatters, Amanda Downum